April 17, 1758
Seven Years’ War. 
William Pitt the Elder
            Two years back, June 1756, my regiment was called to Wiltshire for action, although there were still minor interruptions in the war. Despite the delay, I trained my troops night and day, preparing them for any type of combat. They learned quickly as I slowed my pace when the treacherous illness in my body returned. Nevertheless, I worked on regaining my health and wrote to my family. I told them my fears; an early and fatal death.
            Later that year, the Seven Years’ War broke out and once again, our main enemy was France. A year passes by and I was assigned to serve in an assault on a seaport in the French Atlantic Coast, called Rochefort. I served as Quartermaster General, Colonel of my regiment, and fought alongside with my Commander and dear friend, Sir John Mordaunt. Our attempt to capture the city failed as the British troops made no effort to land on the mainland, which was of the utmost disappointment. I immediately went abroad to inspect the terrain and urged Commander Mordaunt to seize the city as a surprised. Instead, the British troops sailed home and I was left in distress. Luckily, my actions in Rochefort had caught the attention of Prime minister, William Pitt the Elder who had been plotting an attack on French Canada, where France appeared to be susceptible.  William Pitt the Elder gave me the honor of promoting into a higher position, surpassing senior officers. Within a year, on January 1758, I was selected as a Brigadier General.
Map of Louisbourg
            During this year I was sent on an assignment to siege the fortress of Louisbourg with Major General Jeffrey Amherst. William Pitt the Elder had sent us a mass of soldiers to ensure success after the past failures to capture the city.  The attempt to confine the city was a triumph as the French surrendered quickly in June of the same year. I told my men, "I congratulate you, my brave countrymen and fellow soldiers, on the spirit and success with which you have executed this important part of our enterprise." As British plans were denied and postponed, I eventually returned to England, where I realized that the public had taken notice of my victory in the Siege of Louisbourg.

            Present Time.
1758. I am leading a British assault on Quebec City. Winning the favor of William Pitt the Elder, I am able to lead this siege. I wait for my troops to prepare for the journey down the Saint Lawrence River toward the east side of Quebec.

           J.W. 
Source: http://www.uppercanadahistory.ca/pp/pp1.html 
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/james_wolfe.html 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Officer Wolfe,
    I took part in the Seven Years' War too and I must admit that I admire you very much. The audacity of your men and how you were able to rise in ranks to an even more prestigious spot than your seniors is so captivating. It is always a pleasure to see you fight for our country. Anyways, congrats on your victory in the Seige of Louisbourg! I want to wish you the best of luck in Quebec!
    - John Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fellow British brethren, when I heard of your victory in Louisbourg I knew I had made the right choice to make a Brigadier general. By using your battle strategies you were successful and I applaud you for your victory. Even though the public were not aware of your victory, just know that you made your mother country proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Officer Wolfe,
    Your victories are nothing less but admirable. You are a true warrior. Your combat protocols were on point and your victories were nothing less than deserved. You have defended your country in only the highest honor. Thank you for your bravery, Officer Wolfe.

    Yours Truly,
    Caroline of Ansbach

    ReplyDelete